Thursday, July 26, 2007

The end of another week....

Welp, can't believe it's Thursday already. I have a bunch of things on my to do list for this afternoon, and tonight we're having a couple over for some good ol' grillin...and get this: THEY'RE MY AGE!!!! Should be fun. They also just moved back to the area because this is where his parents are from....pretty much same story as us. =) Only he's not a dentist....and she's not pregnant. ummmm ok.

Also, Erin, Cale, Evan, and Dallas will be visiting for a WEEK starting this Saturday, and the following Saturday, we will all go back to NE for the weekend!! Woohoooo! I've got lots of activities planned...some dunes, rental bikes to cruise around the town on, beach time, berry picking, bonfires and smores, carnival thing at the practice (our welcome party- all the patients are invited) woah....and some other things I can't remember right now. Loads of fun. THAT will be a full house...and it's only half the fam!! Dang.

I think they're coming at a good time...I was starting to get a bit homesick...it will be three months away from NE when we go back. That's a long time to not see the parents. And then after that might be another 3 months for Thanksgiving, which is still up in the air because I will be about 3 weeks away from blowin up...and once the kid comes along, who knows what vacations will look like.

Would you find out if you were having a boy or a girl? I need some opinions.

Also, this weeks mystery food is a 'large sweet potato'. Can't even imagine that something is that big inside me. It's only going to get bigger too. one word. ouch.

8 comments:

Carissa Martin said...

i would probably not find out the gender. very few times in life are you ever truly surprised!

Anonymous said...

I don't want to find out, but I really like surprises. I know that some people would like to plan ahead and that would be nice, but I am not much of a fan of pink anyways, so even if I knew it was a girl it is doubtful I would go buy a bunch of girlie stuff. I would rather, especially for the first one, enjoy the fun of trying to guess the sex and then be surprised when it pops out. But, that is just me!

Heather Lea said...

i would totally find out (if mr. says it's ok).....i'd want to know...makes it feel more personal to me for some reason. also, i know i'd "be happy with either", but i wouldn't want to secretly be hoping for a boy and get a girl...you know. silly things like that.

and to answer your question, YES, my good little buddy is here to visit. they just showed up at the hotel today- should be a fun evening, although, i'm leaving for l-town again tomorrow.....:)

Anonymous said...

i didn't think i would want to find out, but now i do. mainly because i'm a planner and want everything ready before the little thing comes out. but, even the docs are wrong sometimes. my cousin just had a girl that the doc had predicted a boy the entire pregnancy. i'm just wondering what he saw to decide it was a boy...?

Anonymous said...

Yes, I would find out, probably because I'm an obsessive planner.

Anyways, I can't wait for you to come visit, I love you and miss you so much!

Scott Martin said...

Well, I would find out if you are planning on having a statue made for the next "emporer of the universe". That way, the sculptor would make either a boy or girl statue. Cool that you found some people your age! What is the average age in MI? 98? Oh wait, no, that's the Fremont Pathfinders... :)

Anonymous said...

I would leave it a surprise. With Erin I was clueless, but for the rest of you I "knew" ahead of time without being told. Kinda fun to guess! =)

Then again, you guys are alot more organized than Arlan and I ever were........hmmmmmmmm.

Melissa said...

Let it pop out to find out! haha - I just made that up. (I should officially go to bed now) Sooooo... where are the pics of your belly already?? I hope your time with family is a wonderfully refreshing blessing! Have fun!!