Wednesday, September 12, 2007

it's still Tuesday...

Well, tonight ended up being a bit different than planned...the two other couples had things come up and will be back in the saddle next week, so we ended up just having supper with our friends, Josh and Emily, anyway! It's always fun to hang out with them and talk. Plus their dog is just sweet. You'll see pics of him soon...

Also, Ryan's assistant, Deb, and her husband just got back from a 10 day vacation to Alaska...it comes highly recommended if you should ever get the chance to go. They had a blast. There was a little something they brought back with them...and we had some fun with it tonight at Ryan's parent's house. =)




And last and mostly important, my grandma went to be with the Lord today. As some of you know, her health has been rapidly going downhill since we moved, first diabetes, then the found a tumor on her colon, fluid kept pooling up in her midsection...all sorts of bad things...and for the most part, I don't think she was in a lot of pain, just uncomfortable. Her body kept getting weaker and weaker...the last couple days she had to spend in the nursing home, which wasn't very fun for her I'm sure, but grandpa was by her side every day sitting with her making sure she was ok. Dad told me that grandpa was there holding her hand this afternoon when she just sort of 'fell asleep'...and that was it. I am thankful that she is done dealing with all the doctor things she's had to put up with, but it's really hard to think of how lonely grandpa must be right now. They've been married for 65ish years...that's a long time to love someone. The funeral will be this weekend sometime, and I plan to come back for it...hopefully Ryan's schedule allows him to as well, but we shall see. I wrote them a letter and mailed it today...couple days too late, I guess. Sept 11. Easy day to remember.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Martha, I am sorry for the pain that comes with losing a Grandma, but excited to know that she is with her FATHER, truly understanding His love for her as well as His glory. I pray that you will be comforted knowing His truths. I love you so much,
Amber

Carissa Martin said...

Hey Marth. Sorry to hear about your loss. I definitely understand the dichotomy between being sad over a loss but happy that they are no longer suffering. Wierd feelings to have. Love you.