Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Another great week...

SOOOOOOO....as most of you know, I headed back to NE last Thursday for my grandma's funeral. It was AWESOME! Not something you usually hear about a funeral, but I thought everything went really well, and of course it's always good to see the extended family and catch up, even though the reason for the gathering isn't the best. Grandma's health was going down the tube fast, she wasn't in a lot of pain, which is incredible, but she was getting to the point that she didn't want to live anymore. it was getting harder for grandpa to take care of her, and she was scared of having any surgery, even if it would have helped keep her around longer. She died on 9-11, and Wednesday they were supposed to have a meeting with the doc to find out what the test results said. Grandpa didn't go, but found out later that it was actually ovarian cancer that took over...and those are sometimes hard to do anything about just because it spreads so easily. But the memories Grandpa and my uncles shared this weekend were so much fun to listen to, and good for everyone to talk about and just remember. Grandpa was pretty sad at times, but he kept tellin his jokes and making people laugh. I'll see if I can gather up some pics from the weekend....

I set my cam on top of Cale's car and told everyone we would have to squish in...so we did and look at all that extra space. hahaha. and i'm not even lookin at the camera. seriously.


Here's the brothers and my favorite grandpa. =)


and my favorite...


Then of course it was fun to be in Lincoln on Sunday and hang out with some friends for a short bit, got to spend some time with Bama and she made this AWESOME meal for me. holy cow... and then back to Mich on Monday. It's getting to feel more and more like home each time I come back...I miss the weather and the pace, and of course my man...and there's something to be said about just being around your own things...home-y. =) But in a week and a half Ryan and Scipp and I will make our last and final trek to NE for a long time...cause it's getting uncomfortable to drive that far, and because we're not taking infants in the car with us for 8.5 hours, for our own sanity. But the fam and some girlfriends are having a shower for me, and Ryan will get to hang out with his bro in Lincoln, and Scipp will get to go on a long awaited hot date with her man and see some friends. =) Can't wait. This is pretty much a book, so I will bring it to a close. Thank you all for your concerns this weekend and for checkin up on me. Bye for now!

2 comments:

Heather Lea said...

can't wait for the trip! and what a sweet grandpa you have.....he's a cutie!

Anonymous said...

Feelin the grandpa love, have it myself. Fun to read your blog Marth and to keep up with you all--didn't know you were coming back--so can't wait to see you!! and your tummy (oh and Ryan too!)

ps--I want to see the picture of you in Ryan's pants haha