Tuesday, September 11, 2007

and a fine tuesday it is...

In case you all were wondering...I haven't been awake since Saturday. I know a lot of you were concerned because of the overwhelming volume of comments on that last post, so I thought I'd clear that up. =)

People often ask me how I'm sleeping, or if I'm sleeping...and the answer is yes, because I would die. However, the quality and duration of each sleep experience is ever-changing, and most of the time I will be awake once or twice in the night...just gettin ready for all the wake up calls in a few months, I guess. =)

Tonight we are kickin off a potential small group with 3 or 4 other couples around our age...we had to go outside of our small church to find them. =) Should be pretty fun. I think it's going to be a mix of Biblical and topical...if that's possible, and the idea of 'marriage' came into the suggestion box. Ryan and I have so much info on 'A Biblical Portrait of Marriage' from our super extensive pre-marriage classes -thanks to Faith Bible Church. I think it would be a blast. Most of every topic (finances, 'happiness', holidays, communication, kids, ect) comes down to expectations...and if that's not talked thru BEFORE the day...woah. SO, since none of the other couples have had those type of discussions, I think we're in for a real treat, and it will be a great way for us to get to know each other, not to mention GREAT for their own marriages. AND if you're not talking with people who ARE happily married on a regular basis-finding out what they do/don't do to be 'successful', then of course your view on your own marriage becomes skewed, and it all starts to spiral downhill, and in come comparisons, 'woe is me'- very nasty....you know, just bad things start to happen. Anyways....first meeting is tonight. Gonna be fun.

Also, I haven't put a pic of Ry up here in a while, and I'm a bit concerned that you all don't remember what he looks like. I tried to tell him this pic was important, but this is as good as it got. hahaha



He's talking to one of his teeth buddies on the phone. =)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ha ha ha ha ha. Come on Pi. :) that's awesome. Sending it out today! ~E