Thursday, June 14, 2007

New News

Is that redundant? New News. Maybe that's why it's called News, because it's new. Hm. Anyways, the weekend went well, over too quickly...check out Aaron's blog for some sweet pics his camera takes. Did some hair, that's always good. My level of hair activity significantly decreased with the change of location, so it's always good to get some regulars back. Like ridin a bike. =) I'm pretty sure you'll be able to tell in his pictures when exactly they were in Michigan because their hair is a bit shorter in the second half photos. =) Anyway, it's always good to see friends and to have company. Everyone is welcome at the Thomas Inn and Suite, should you feel the urge to travel to a new beautiful area for the weekend. I usually only need a day or so of notice. =)

Also, immediately following the departure of our Nebraskan amigos, I decided it was time to take a trip to Kentucky. I enjoyed the 6 hour drive in the bonny on Monday afternoon and spent an incredible almost 36 hours with Scott and Carissa. Love the friends that you can go 6 months without seeing each other in person and it's like you didn't miss a day. They took me to some good ol' Kentucky eatin places, and we also walked around the campus Scott goes to, very beautiful, and hit up a water park similar to Mahoney's later Tuesday evening. What a great day. Time went extreeeeeemly fast, especially since it was only one day. Then Wednesday am, I woke up at the crack and left their lovely home at 5:30 am to be back in Mich by noonish. I was pretty mad at myself for forgetting my camera and then remembering it like 45 minutes into my trip. Sheeesh. But they took some good pics whilst I was there, so that was good. That is one area of the country everyone should experience in person at some point in their life. Incredible beauty, unlike anywhere I've been before. Hills, trees, horses and cattle grazing, more trees, forests, beautiful HUGE horse ranches, windy roads thru the country. woah. There are so many places to be seen here in our country, Neb, Mich, Kent, Miss, FL, Colo, all these places I've been and not one is like the other. Each it's own beautiful. Praise God for his creation!

Speaking of creation, His human creation inside me is movin right along. =) Ryan and I enjoyed our first visit to the doctor yesterday afternoon after my return from Kentucky. I filled out tons of paperwork, received a jumbo bag full for our own personal reading, got some blood drawn, and peed in a cup. Pretty successful appointment. I did also receive a due date....Christmas Day. That's right, I said it. A little elf. hahaha. Holy crap. Kinda crazy. But the best thing about that (I think) is that Erin and Josh will be up here after his return for a little more than a week, so maybe they will get to see the little guy (or girl I suppose) before they go home. That would be awesome. Huhhh. 6 1/2 more months. That's a long time. At any rate, I was reading that it's supposed to be the size of a small fig, who knows how big that is. Seriously. But then in my email this week from BabyCenter.com it told me it was as big as a lime. hahaha. There is much going on in my body and there's no way I could ever understand it all. Again, God's creation is absolutely amazing.

So there's the current events from Michigan. If you feel the urge to pass the word along, feel free...there are too many reasons not to keep quiet! We are excited!

2 comments:

Heather Lea said...

a little lime baby!!! woo-hoo!!! Every time i see a lime for the next week, I'll think of you. I bet he's pretty cute....in the lime-baby sort of way.

Carissa Martin said...

Hahha. I agree. Lime-baby is MUCH cuter than fig baby. Blech to figs.