Friday, May 23, 2008

3 hours and counting...

I haven't had time to do anything. (see previous post) Anything is a pretty strong word...let me rephrase: I have had NO extra time. =) Today we leave for KANSAS CITY followed by a few days in NEBRASKA!!!! Woooo hoooooo!!! I pretty much have been doing laundry and planning for a few days now, not a spare moment wasted. Maybe. haha. But really, our first trip back since last September, Dad and Beth haven't seen the boys since they were born (!!), Grandpa Schweitz hasn't EVER met them. Wow that's crazy. My Mom hasn't been here since January, and her mom, Grandma Garton hasn't ever met them either!!! I-YI-YI. (how do you spell that??) I just hope the boys can keep everyone straight, you know.

Here's the skinny...today leave in 3 hours when Ry's done with work. Arrive in KC (Kansas City) pretty much really late. Hope the boys survive the 9 hours. hope I survive the 9 hours. Stay over night there tonight and tomorrow night...Erin and Josh come meet us tomorrow morning...Sunday Erin and I leave early with the boys to stay at mom's for the day...possibly meet little Eva Martin in Elkhorn Sunday night (YESSSS!!!) Stay overnight in Elkhorn Sunday night, hang out ALL day Monday visiting family and friends and celebrating dad's 54th bday Sunday. Josh and Ryan come up Monday morning from KC (Kansas City) to meet us for the day. stay over Monday night, drive back to Mich on Tuesday. WOW. Hope I don't forget anything.

Needless to say, packing for such a trip has been a trip. haha. How many outfits do you bring for two infants, 4 days, 4 nights? How many diaps? How much food for them? (BTW, we started Rice cereal a few days ago...WOW- that's hilarious. Pretty much oozes right back out of their mouths...don't think they like the spoon- even though it's really cute) At any rate, I only have 3 hours to pack the car by myself- since Ry's at work...and the boys are starting to wake up as we speak. Crap. Only time will tell if I get it all done....

WOOO HOOOO VACATION!!!!!

5 comments:

StJoeSchoony's said...

Have safe travels and have fun with the fam... see you when you get back.

Josh and Erin said...

HURRY UP AND GET HERE!!!!!!! :)

Mr.A! said...

no...joke...get here already!

Anonymous said...

your bravery is at new levels

Mark & Katie said...

Too bad we didn't catch you while you were. Next time you fly through Omaha/Elkhorn, let us know! We've LOVE to just see you for a few minutes! Hope you had a great time!