Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Hey Everyone....

SO, today has been a doozie. And it's only half over!

Garrett, my second born, has some serious issues. I'll call it: Diaper Rash. For those of you who aren't parents yet, I won't scare you with the details, but let's just say it's pretty bad. BAD. BAD. It's actually been around for a few days, little guy is still happy as can be...if he wouldn't get so excited and kick his legs like crazy maybe we wouldn't be going thru this...he doesn't even notice. But like I said: BAD. Brilliant mom moment...I decided this morning to call to the Pediatrician and tell em what was up, the lady said she'd call in a prescription for me and give me a call back. Fast forward 4.5 hours and still no call, so I called her back and apparently she didn't have time to call it in yet. Likely story. Doesn't matter, it's done now, and I will be picking it up as soon as the nap is over.

Ok rewind again and let's go thru those 4.5 hours. Starting with their nap..2ish hours. Got a lot done around the house. Excellent. Here comes the brilliant moment, since the diapers rub like crazy...let's NOT wear one!! (wow, that sounds like a horrible idea when I see it written out) Garrett seemed to like the freedom. SO, just woke up, changed him into some pants that are too small because they're gonna just get dirty anyways...feed both boys. Half way thru the bottle, Garrett drops a BOMB in his diaperless pants. WOW. And of course he's still happy and keeps eating. Seriously. SO, Garrett gets a bath and puts on new pants, I clean off his bomb pants in the toilet and start some laundry. When I get back, E is crying because he wonders where everyone is, Garrett has peed thru Pants #2. Change him. Give E a bath, come back, guess what, more pee. #3. Get E dressed, Garrett starts crying because of lack of attention. I pick him up...pee. All over pants #3 and the entire front of my shirt. Pants #4. Finally time for another nap, but it's been long enough that they need to be fed again...and wouldn't you know it, pee during the meal. SOOOO, he's currently on #5 and just waking up, so I'm sure I'll be starting another load of laundry here pretty soon. And the lady said she didn't have time to call in the prescription. KINDA NEED IT....wow. Here's a pic of the little chubs wrapped in dad's crappy tshirt that also got peed on....

If he weren't so dang cute....

6 comments:

Lindsey said...

I have found that aquaphor fixes EVERYTHING! put on diaper rash, cuts, scrapes anything. Carter is usually covered in it everyday. Give a try it might help.

The Feather Files said...

Richard and I are about to pee OUR pants from laughing about your day! Way to keep the great attitude!

Anonymous said...

that sounded like the movie--Mr.Mom. If you haven't seen it, go rent it and laugh.

--Todd

Anonymous said...

awesome. still laughing. it feels like I haven't seen you all in forever. Boo. E

Rachel said...

Oh, the life of a mom! You sound so calm through it all! Hang it there -- you're a total inpiration!

p.s. Love the new blogger template!!

Rachel said...

Okay -- I meant to say inSpiration. :)