Monday, April 21, 2008

Chicago!

We, as a family, just got home from our weekend get away in the heart of downtown Chicago. We were makin memories, that's for sure. Ryan has two weekends in a row of CE courses, the last one was about sedation dentistry, and this upcoming 4-day trip to Virginia with some other staff is something else, don't remember. Anyways, to avoid being without my man for 2 weekends in a row, the boys and I decided to tag along! There would be way too much to read if I told you all the details, so I will not, but we took some serious pics, so I'll just tell you about the highlights and show you some good ones. =) Maybe this wouldn't have been so long if internet at the hotel wasn't $10 per day!!!

The boys relaxin watchin some hotel tv.


my fav...hahahhaaaaaa


Ryan had class all three days from 7:30am to 5:30pm. After he was done we spent a good deal of time walkin around Mich ave and surrounding areas. The boys and I did our fair share of walking during the day too while dad was busy.

Friday night we had a hot date at the Cheesecake Factory...the boys tagged along too...it was pretty much crazy trying to squeeze the giant stroller thru the tables and such. The boys enjoyed it though, and the food is always amazing....



domination. That was some good cookin.

and navy pier was about 6 blocks away from our hotel so we walked there twice when ry was busy. we'll have to go back sometime when the boys can ride the rides. =)
for now they just liked being there with mom. i didn't hear em say that, but I'm pretty sure that's what they would have said if they could talk.


don't worry, I know you're all freaking out, the stroller wheels are LOCKED!

there were many other fun things, like getting a free coffee drink at a packed cafe after waiting in line with my huge stroller, finally getting to the front and ordering, THEN finding out that their credit card machine was down and they were only accepting cash- which I don't carry...so the guy felt sorry for me cause i looked like an idiot trying to figure out how to get the three of us out of there without running into everyone...wow. that was slightly embarrassing cause he was a loud man...felt like he had a megaphone. So if there was anyone in the shop that didn't notice me walk in, then they for sure knew that i ordered something i couldn't pay for! awesome. but I got a free drink!

i should have taken a pic of the crib they wheeled in, too. WOW. it was bad. BUT, we made it and had a great time all around. Now we're home and back at it ready for another busy week!

6 comments:

Heather Lea said...

wowee! Looks like a PREHODA for sure!!! you'd better be getting those boys ready for aunts scipp and bamma to come visit. I finished burp rags today.....6 of em' commin' atcha! (Well, I'll pack them in my suitcase)

Can't WAIT to see you!!!!

Unknown said...

You are one brave mama- I can't imagine taking my twins out like that- you are superwoman! You are defiantly making some awesome memories for your boys- good for you:)!

Anonymous said...

marth

as always I am amazed by your love of life and enthusiasm. Praise God for your wonderful outlook--I love that you did all that stuff with both boys alone, all day in a strange town!

you rock girl! There are so many people who would not take the time to actually enjoy life and would stress about that kind of a situation or they'd just stay home.

you are the best!!!

Dallas said...

Looks like fun! Love the pic of the boys alone on the hotel bed. TINY!

Anonymous said...

Just so you know...I love that salad you got at cheesecake!!! It's my favorite! :) Glad you had a great time in Chicago!

Sarah said...

So I was totally about 20 minutes away from where you were this exact same weekend visiting my hubby. Looks like you had fun.