Monday, April 14, 2008

First time for everything....

Well it's gonna happen sooner or later...I had to take both of em to the grocery store...alone. Woah. Wish I could have taken a picture of myself with the cart...full before I even got into the store. That would have been strange though for the people in the parking lot. Those carts aren't made for 2 carseats I guess. haha. Ethan was positioned in the nose of the cart, and Garrett's seat was perpendicular pretty much on Ethan's lap...so his feet had to curl up to make room. I also never really noticed how dang loud carts are when you're just drivin across the parking lot. They were both asleep when I started...

Well, the trip came to be because I needed a reload for Garrett's miracle in a tube. That's right, diap rash STILL isn't gone yet. It's def better, especially cause this is what the doc said to do...again with the details...I'll just leave it up to inquiring minds to pursue further details. BUT, I am getting smarter!! We had company for the weekend, so I couldn't do the no-diap thing- might have freaked em out...so today, back at it. Only THIS time I'm using our old dish towels, which for some reason Ryan had a million of em from before I came along. Can't even tell you how much easier it is to not have to take pants on and off...plus I think his legs can breath more. Dang I'm good. AND, he pooped in the first one (go figure) but I wasn't even phased. Start laundry, insert about 10 soiled cloths, already clean and ready for the second round of pee. Bring it.

Here's a pic of his little bottom. Still happy. =)


And they've been starting to hold things for a little while anyways...and then they twitch and the beanie baby goes flying. Better just put up these pics cause they're so dang cute.




Also house hunting it going great...we've been thru about 15 homes and we're starting to get a better idea of what we like/don't like....and how much house you can get with what amount of money. Last night we hung out with Ryan's buddy who is a middle school teacher...builds houses on the side...his little hobby. WOW. He's amazing. he gave us this GIANT book of home plans that's like 2 inches thick to look thru and get ideas, so we brought it back to him last night to ask he and his wife some questions. we shall see what comes of it...so much fun!

6 comments:

Heather Lea said...

they are so stinkin' cute! I can't WAIT to come visit. We're taking tons of pics for SURE! Miss you so much, girl. Can't stand it much longer- lets hang out in a couple of weekends, hey?

The Feather Files said...

only 3 more Mondays before we come to visit and see these boys in person! can't wait.

Anonymous said...

Hey Martha,
I love your blog and catching up on your life. It is so fun to read because you write EXACTLY like you talk :). The boys get cuter with each picture. They are so cute when they are together - I think they like each other a bit :). Side note - I am coming back to MI May 15-19th, would love to see you. Lets talk soon!
~Kara

Unknown said...

Hi Martha- I'm Stephanie and Carrisa's friend that had twins on Dec 20. I've had to do the trip to the store by myself with the babes too- carts are definatly not made for our car seats. ( Ithink we have the same stroller and car seat set) I use the stolller now and put items I want to buy in the basket under the stroller it works like a gem. Hope that helps. My little Jackson had that bad diaper rash too and I went through the same thing- We had to use Lamasil for a week and then Butt paste and Aquaphor -it cleared up in a week. Hope that helps. Love the blogs and pics! - Julie W.

Anonymous said...

I know this will sound funny, but hear me out: pediatricians have us make this "magic butt cream" all the time. mix equal parts zinc oxide (desitin), nystatin cream, and antacid (mylanta). parents I've made it for swear by it. have Ryan mix ya a batch! good luck! Amanda

Anonymous said...

i love that you are saying "bring it" about diaper rash... I love ya!