Thursday, September 18, 2008

Shelter me

I'm in love, I'm in love and I don't care who knows it!!

Name that movie..... ELF!!! hahaha Can't wait to watch it again in a few months!

Anyhoo, recently I'm hearing the same thing in multiple places, friends, church, bible study, friends' blogs, radio, our traveling journal...can't seem to get away from it. And I don't know the answer. Here it is....WHAT'S YOUR PASSION?!?! Oh man I'm not excited about that question, and it seems to follow me around so I can't stop thinking about it. I have a couple options...but I feel like 'passion' is such an emotional word and it's too 'extreme' for me. I really enjoy a lot of things. A LOT. Nature. Giving. Family. Twins. Babies in general. Listening. Outdoor activities. Friends. Quality conversation. Reading Scripture. Cutting hair. Music. Traveling. Uninterrupted, FOCUSED reading... there are many things. Don't think I can pin point a one particular LOVE....

And for some people it's not hard to say what their's is...and it's really easy for me to pick one for someone else I know well, just not sure why I'm having such a hard time. Hmmm. Reading Carissa's blog written beautifully about being a mom and knowing that that job is the most important thing to Ethan and Garrett right now puts things into perspective a bit. I love their cuddles, smiles, laughs, the way they move, the way they sneeze, I could watch em all day (it's a good thing that's my job). I love them. But it's completely different than the way I love Ry, or my family...weird. No, not weird, AWESOME. God MADE US to do that, to grow and to be needed and to need others. The beauty of the body of Christ. Everyone has different gifts, talents, skills, ideas, PASSIONS...and it all works together for good. He thought of everything. Amazing.


6 comments:

The Feather Files said...

oh my goodness martha, are you reading my mind from way across states? my mind has been working overtime the last few days (scary) and what you said keyed right in to parts of it.

by the way, i totally guessed ELF before i read the answer.

Amber said...

Since you can name passions for others you know well, would you like to inform me of mine? It would be greatly appreciated and allow me to focus on my purpose... haha, if it were only that easy!

StJoeSchoony's said...

the boys are so cute, i miss you guys, this school thing is really messing up my fun time:) can't wait to see the the boys and you:) tomorrow.

Josh and Erin said...

dude. Seriously did you read the first P of my blog? Same thing. Weird. I'm reading a book now called Soul Cravings. It really makes me want to have a PURPOSE. I guess it will just have to be the family bon bon for now. :) And making Josh food.

The Feather Files said...

for blog backgrounds:

www.simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com/

www.thecutestblogontheblock.com/

for the header thing:

www.scrapblog.com

Unknown said...

Look at your boys! they are so big! I dont doubt that they will be walking before Kate can! Stinkers.
Hey Im going to send you a blog invite, so I need your EMAIL.
mine is: ldpobanz@hotmail.com

See ya!