Sunday, August 17, 2008

Bring on the Hornet.


Funny story. Standing outside Joe and Susie's house tonight...they have company visiting this weekend. Mark looked over to the tree RIGHT in front of their garage, the one we ALWAYS pass by..."Hey look at that giant hornet's nest!" Excuse me? Oh ya. GIANT. I'm talkin like the size of my head...maybe bigger. Awesome. How long does it take some hornets to make a nest that big? Anyone?? And of course after you see it, they're buzzing around everywhere and probably talking amongst themselves about which one of us to sting first. How do you not see that?!?! Unbelievable. Gold medal for sneakiest hornets on the block. Nate and Ryan were talking about ski masks, jeans, long sleeves, gloves, boots, garbage bag, tree trimmers...you know, how easy it would be to get rid of it. ummmm OK. We'll see how that goes. haha Know what else is awesome...we had our windows down on the bonny so on the drive home tonight there was one buzzing around between the steering wheel and my body. FREAK ME OUT.

Boy update: Not walking yet, but pretty dang close. They climb up on everything and hold on with one hand while they look around...can't decide who will step off first...Ry thinks Ethan. I'm too afraid to make a guess...it's kinda like when you're pregnant and people ask you if you want a boy or a girl. What kind of question is that??! You don't want to say because then if you're wrong people are like 'pshpsh she didn't want a boy pshpsh'. seriously. SO, I think they will both walk at the same time, towards each other, and then hug. =)


House update: Floor #1 is done! Framed, whatever those walls are called on the outside...complete. Nice. One week down, 6 more to go and the house will be all closed in! Next week you can expect the second floor to be up and possibly the stairs done too. Then the week after that the roof goes on. DANG!!! Currently accepting reservations for 2009.



That's Bill ordering us a front door. Doin a great job Bill.

6 comments:

StJoeSchoony's said...

Ok, I just typed and lost it, so starting over. Like I said already but you didn't get to see it:) The hornet thing is funny because Ryan and I were actually talking about them on our really long drive yesterday...my grandpa used to collect the nest, no earthly idea why but my hubby says that you just have to wait till night time and spray hornet killer in the next, he says they can't see and won't come out at night...my want to double check that first but that is what he says:) House looks great, talk to you soon.

Amber said...

I'm reserving a night in January, for 3 guests. My parents will be with me as I move out east. WOOHOO, can't wait to see the house, you all, and be off!

Anonymous said...

love the pic... it's my new screen background. G's diaper and shoes combo definely makes a fashion statement :D

The Feather Files said...

So, did they get the hornet's next down! Yikes...we had some wasps living above our sliding glass door. Richard put packing tape over the entrance hole after he went inside. We haven't seen him since.

Josh and Erin said...

Dang it! I hear ya Heather, it just erased my comment too! Shooot. So attempt two. Josh and I were laughing really hard at the hornets. And I was laughing at the hug. ha. I can see it. Maybe someone will find donut jelly on their shirt afterwards. "Must have been when we hugged". ha ha ha.

Call me when you get a chance today. :)

Unknown said...

Hi Martha- I am friends with steph and Carissa (Ells)- and fellow Twins mom-I always check your your blog- I hope that is okay- you crack me up- It is good to know that I am not alone in my thoughts about my twins:) The whole walking things-so true! Thanks for sharing all your wit and positive outlook on life. It always brings a smile to my day:)-Thanks- Julie