Friday, July 25, 2008

I must quit you

WOW. Being in Hawaii has given me a new appreciation for the lake here. It's got all the same perks...minus the crystal clear water, and the coral, and the giant fish, and the palm trees, and the salt, and the whole 'ocean' part....but really it's pretty close to the same. ANYWAYS...the boys and I hit it up 3 days in a row!! NICE! Well...the first day I went with Emily and right when we got there it got cloudy. LAME-O. SO that time didn't last long. Yesterday, Heather and I headed down there with the boys...the wind from the North was FREEZING and the water was like a liquid ice cube. (?) There were times when we had goose bumps. Not prime beachin. But TODAY...excellent. Ryan, Heather and their three kids, E and G and me. It was fun. Perfect weather...and again, the boys enjoyed their little pool...only this time I put the pool on a blanket so they didn't eat as much sand. haha. Takes me a while...but I learn! Check out the difference in the waves from yesterday to today. It was like glass today!! So much quieter too...


Here's pretty much what the boys do in their little pool...in, out...in, out...sand in mouth...slap the water. haha.
SO what do we do about the perfect water for boat ridin....call up our friends, Rich and Deb...soooooo great...can't even say it.....got some subway, a few beverages and a Susie Thomas blueberry pie and headed out for open waters. I've never been out on the lake before. It was THE PER-FECT NIGHT. Not even kiddin...but I have no proof because I forgot my camera. Dang! We watched a gorgeous sunset, had some great time together, Joe and Suz got to see the boys. hehe. A Win-Win. Rich also pointed out today during our boat planning that if I'm so busy busy like my blog says then how do I have so much time to beach it? WELL, I suppose I should clarify. By busy, I mean, not home. I have very important appointments scheduled with my friends that just happen to include sand, water, and sun. =) I am busy running everywhere though...and now that the house stuff is starting...........check it out!!
They scraped the lot today!! Bill called to tell me that, so I thought I should begin my documentation of the event from the very beginning...so here it is! Ry stopped by on his way home from work and said the whole thing is done now. WOAH! As you're looking at the pic, we have a neighbor to the left (west) and another empty next to us before the houses start back up again. And really, the bottom one is like you're looking into our dining room window. Oh ya, I can see it.

Anyhoo, it's already 1 in the am, but I don't usually get uninterrupted computer time...so I'm takin advantage! Got my coffee and it's time to catch up on like a month of blog reading!! =)

4 comments:

Josh and Erin said...

little pool activities- hilarious. can't stop laughing. next week at this time we will be 2 1/2 hours from leaving!!!!!! :) woot woot!

Anonymous said...

Hey Martha - Let me know if you ever want to hit the beach with Josh and I...Josh is a little scared of the water right now...but that's okay! Have a great weekend!

Melanie Conley

Anonymous said...

Oh man that was SO cute!!! Little pool slappers. They look like super cute turtle babies. See you soon :)

--Kristy--

Unknown said...

i love the video martha...i can't believe you have such big boys! they are incredible. i'm so glad for all your beachin and housin and all the rest. congrats!