Thursday, July 10, 2008

The day approaches...

Let's start off with story time with Jishy.

Good evening friends and family! Well, Erin has an an eventful and productive day. She started the day off with a chest x-ray at 5:30am; although I was back in Platte City sound asleep, I'm being told all went well. Erin's grandmother and I arrived at the hospital around 7:45am and we've all pretty much been hanging out all day. Erin's mom and grandma left about 90 minutes ago and will be staying at our apartment in Platte City; we'll see them again tomorrow morning before they head back to Omaha around lunch time. It's been great having some family around helping where and when they can. Very supportive! Erin also received a visit from her boss at Fitness Source. Kristina stopped by to see how everything was going...and she brought some ice cream (a personal favorite)!! Again, I cannot say enough how thankful I am to have the people we have in our lives. I believe God puts people in our lives for specific reasons and at the exact time He chooses; the women that Erin has worked with at Fitness Source are so encouraging and unique and compassionate. I am very thankful to them for all they've done for her over the last 15+ months.

Erin is sound asleep right now. In addition to the visits from friends and family, she has ventured out of her room a couple times to take a walk. I am so encouraged by her strength, knowing what she has gone through the last 48 hours. She is simply amazing. Erin has also begun eating a variety of foods. Although she hasn't eaten a full meal b/c of the nausea she feels, the fact that she's willing to try different foods in pretty incredible. So far, she's tried carrots, applesauce, jell-o, potato soup, saltines, bread, chicken noodle soup...and I think that's it. Not bad at all.

I will be staying w/ Erin tonight. Not sure how much sleep I'll be getting, but at least I'm here w/ my wife. Tomorrow should be another good day for her. Another chest x-ray at 5:30am. Also, more friends will be stopping by to visit, which will be a lot of fun. She enjoys that time so much. Not sure what kind of surprises will come regarding food and walking, but I'm excited to share it with you if/when new things happen!! I cannot tell you (or her) enough how proud I am of her. Erin is showing so much courage and strength right now. I can only imagine the soreness she feels and how frustrating it must be b/c she can't do some of the things she's used to, but she continues to try and she continues to take steps towards recovery. I am so humbled by God's awesome power and how He has all of this mapped out before it ever even happened. His grace never fails!

I will continue to send daily updates to let you know how Erin is coming along in her recovery. Thank you for your phone calls, emails, prayers, and support. God continues to work in ways that I will simply never understand. That's fine with me...I'll just enjoy the ride! =)

Josh

--------

Thank you Pants! As I write this, I am mentally preparing myself for a crazy friday...making lists, lists about lists, and more lists to remind myself of all the TRILLION things I need to pack tomorrow...because....(drum roll...) SATURDAY, you guessed it, we're goin to HAWAII!!! WOO HOOO!!! As exciting as that sounds, I won't be yelling WOO HOO probably until the plane takes off. Until then I'm sure my mind will be going a thousand different places thinking of all the things I forgot to add to my lists and then forgot at home. ha. For those of you just tuning in, Ryan and I are extremely blessed to accompany our friends from Lincoln, Richard and Heather Clabaugh, to this lovely island for a week (they're staying 10 days)...at this incredibly GORGEOUS home for FREE - thanks to Heather's boss, who owns it as a 'perk' for his employees. It's two blocks away from the beach, in the middle of one of the most beautiful neighborhoods on the island. WOW.

As much as I would like to keep writing about the trip...I can't even think right now cause I need to get hoppin on the laundry. Don't worry, there will be MANY pictures...hopefully I'll have time to write when we get back...who knows...a week away from our little cute face boys might do me in for some serious baby time when we get home. =)

This is funny...this week we're house-sitting for our friends...they have a hot-tub...Josh and Emily came over tonight to hang out. She's pregnant, so the temp was set at like 95 something so as to not boil lil White-y....We get in with the twins in their little swimmy diaps (hilarious cause they splash around like crazy!) It starts raining.... gets really cold... jets make Emily nauseous at this stage in her 40 weeks...so we were basically in a 4-person-2-baby bath tub, in the middle of July, freezing our butts off. When was the last time that happened to you? Memories...sigh....

No comments: