Saturday, October 20, 2007

football date

Last night's Lakeshore game was SO much fun! It of course was windy (for here) and raining off and on, kinda cold, and 45 minutes away....but Ryan and I had a blast. And we won, that's a bonus.

Ryan has been trying to teach me football (sports in general) rules since...well, I think as long as I've known him...I've often wondered why sports rules is just 'known' by guys. Doesn't even matter what age. How do they learn that stuff?!??! Sheeesh, an no one can tell you an exact time of their lives when they understood the game, but just respond, 'I don't know, guess I've just always known.' But last night, we were able to witness the most amazing thing. During the second half, there was a little dude (my guess is about 3rd or 4th grade) sitting right in front of us with his dad, just the two of em. The kid was watching the game closer than I was, and asking his dad questions...one of em being about the forward progress rule. So his dad explains the rule to him (this one I actually knew about haha). So later on in the game that sort of tackle happens again and the kid just yells out 'FORWARD PROGRESS!!!!' and he was right... it was permanently stuck in his brain forever...just like that. Bet he won't even remember the time he learned about it (this was just one example of what he learned, the whole time he was doing this with his new rules) AMAZING. I was in awe. And then I started making fun of myself cause how many times has Ryan tried to teach me the positions and I still have no clue. That's why they're drawn out in formation and hanging on our fridge right now. =)

Also, Cale has made an appearance here this week, typical Cale visit. He comes 'sometime' and never knows how long he's staying (depending on when his Spring Hill friends can hang out- who are all from towns far away from me) So he stopped in on Wed night for about 45 min for food and a haircut, then left, came back Thurs afternoon, plans with his other friend in Grand Rapids didn't work out, so he ended up stayin the night, after some attempts at recording his guitar playing on our computer, some more food, shower, swim in the lake, free work out at our gym, more food, and a bed. Then Friday am he took off again. I think he might be stopping thru after Jay's wedding on Sunday to pick up his guitar he didnt' want to leave in the car all weekend and drop off Ryan's tie he borrowed. I'm sure he'll want some food too. But that's how it goes when you know Cale. =) Unpredictable, except for the food part.

Anyhoo, this weekend the plans are minimal. Very good thing. Ryan had a long week...a good week, but a long one. I think we stayed up too late pretty much every night this week, which can make for a very tired man by Friday. time to go hang out with him. yessssssssss...........

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

First of all you know sports rules because I helped you study for your cheerleading test. Even I remember that....LOL!!!! Second of all I want belly pictures. That is all.