Thursday, October 11, 2007

Back in the Saddle....

Ok! Today is already loads better. last night we had fun with the company, Ryan did end up throwing away the cake. (of course after eating a big piece, blue spots and all) I got decent sleep- just had some good cereal, bible study in one hour, kids kickin all over the place, house is clean, life it good.

We had another appointment on Monday that I haven't written about yet. Went to the big city! Kalamazoo!! haha. It's 45 min drive east from here, but the Hospital is HUGE, many buildings...Ryan says it kinda reminds him of the Med Center in Omaha. Kinda dumpy area of town but the campus/buildings are super nice. Anyways, we didn't have to wait for either appt, both things were right on time. The ultrasound tech went through all her measurements and such in warp speed, I could barely keep up. But this time- this was so great- the table that I had to lay on was comfortable and there was a pillow AND a screen up hanging from the ceiling like the dentist so I could see what she was doing without having to crank my neck just to get a side shot of the one she's working on! Fabulous. I'm pretty sure she set a world record for the fastest twin-sound, right under an hour, I didn't even have time to get light-headed. Amazing. But the pictures she printed off for us weren't too exciting, granted they are photos of my two children swimming around inside my stomach, I could barely tell what the heck was going on cause she was movin all over the place so dang fast. Ry thought it was awesome cause he knows all the parts she was talking about. She looked at their brains for a while and they talked about each of the little sections you could see...woah. (I thought it looked pretty empty. hahahaha) BUT, kidneys are great, last time there was a bit of concern cause they were a tad enlarged I guess... AND

baby A weighs 2 lbs 12 oz
baby B weighs 3 lbs 1 oz.

WOW. Buncha fatties! They've been packin it on since the last appt!...of course, so have I, but you know. And then we met the doc, who was very cool, too bad he's not here in St. Joe, we would totally go to him. But he answered all sorts of questions we had and talked to us alot about c-sections and such. Yikes. I don't have to have one, but there's a pretty good chance. it all depends on what the dudes decide to do right before they come out. Quit floatin around already! Actually he also said after looking at the ultrasound report that he doesn't think I'll deliver that early, so it's lookin like it's going to be December something for sure. Dang. 2 more months. But it's good, cause they'll get to keep cookin until their ready, but bad for selfish reasons....and oww. The thing with our doc office here, there are 3 doctors, with 3 different experiences, 3 opinions, you know, and if I find one that would agree to give my body a chance at a normal delivery before they put me under the knife, that doesn't mean that he/she will be on call when I go into delivery. So I've gotta convince all three of em! hahaha. We shall see.

There you have it. All 3 of my men are alive and well. There is still a cold front movin on in, but like Scipp said, winter is a fabulous season and it is just around the corner! I just need to get rid of this stomach so I can fit in my sweaters!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

martha your blogs always make me tear up (okay, a lot of stuff does) but listen, it is so fun to hear how you are and keep up and to get in on all the excitement! I feel like I'm right there when I read this--so glad the little guys are getting fatter! Remember, you aren't fat-you're pregnant! :) Jenny told me today that you will go close to full term--then saw it in the blog--great job marth! Very cool--God is Awesome!!