Tuesday, October 16, 2007

chili....mmmm......

Wow. I just made some chili for tonight and it is dang good. I may or may not have already tried a bowl.

At any rate...been pretty busy the last few days, as usual. Ryan and I had an excellent weekend, went up to visit one of his friends and her boyfriend that both work at Timberwolf Younglife Camp. Never been to a Younglife Camp before. (I'm from Oakland) I kept telling them, this is NOT a camp (thinking of my single experience at Timberlake Ranch Camp in jr. high). This is a resort. I can't even tell you how crazy nice it was. It was the kind of places, inside and out, that would be at a ski resort for loads of money. Very cool. I did happen to take a few photos of the place.... turns out, Ryan could be the 'camp doctor' and our whole family could stay for free for a week! AND, we would get to do all the cool things that are at the camp, whenever we wanted, free food, you know, all the perks. We should probably look into that. How awesome!

For whatever reason, the computer doesn't want to load my pics. I will have to add them lata...

Also, before we headed north to the camp on Friday, the ladies at Ryan's office and the doctor's and their wives threw a 'surprise' shower for Ryan and I. I was a bit suspicious, but was overwhelmed at the amount of ladies that came in on their Friday off to hang out for almost 3 hours with lil ol me. =) And I had some awesome pics of that too, but guess not tonight. They went crazy. We now have a crib, mattress, tons of little bathroom things, more noisy toys, bottles, about a million tiny diapers, blankets, two more pack-and-plays, outfits, fun girl things for me....lots. And the food was out of control. Trish ordered this awesome cake that was super cute, again, sorry no pics, a lady made two diaper cakes- never seen or heard of them before...THAT, was amazing. SO, once again we had tons of things to put away when we got back from our weekend out.

The best part of it was probably when they made Dr Neal, Dr Kwon and Ryan race to see who could drink the pop out of the bottle the fastest. There's a video of it, and of course all you can hear on it is all the ladies screaming and laughing histarically. Ryan got dominated. hahaha. But that's only because as soon as it started Neal bit a huge hole in the nipple of the bottle and chugged the whole thing. Cheater. It was so funny.

Cale comes tomorrow! Don't know how long he's stayin...or what time he'll get here for that matter...but that's how my fam rolls. He's coming up to Mich early for Jay's wedding to visit us and see some of his spring hill friends...so maybe he'll be around for a while yet on Thursday but who knows. =) It's supposed to rain the rest of the week, and still be about 65-70 degrees...Cale said he's still getting in the lake just to say he did. Dang. But the water's probably a lot warmer now then it is at the beginning of the summer. Still wouldn't do it. Acutally I haven't been down to the beach in a LONG time, just cause my legs would probably crumble down the huge hill or staircase. And I would have to take about 5 breaks to catch my breath. haha. Anyhoo, it will be fun to have him here and he'll be able to check out all the little dudes' stuff!

It is getting late and my feet are starting to get puffy...which means I should go to bed. The feet have yet to be as bad as the road trip back from NE. That was sick. Just ask Scipp. hahahaha. So, callin it a night. I will try the pics again sometime soonish. =) Peace out.......

No comments: