Tuesday, April 3, 2007

12:30 appointment!

I cannot come close to describing the way i feel right now. In about an hour, I have a hair cut appointment...for myself. I know, holy crap. In the history of my hair (after the age when I started caring), I have probably let about 3 different people at it...and then I usually end up fixing it myself for some reason or another. I mean really, who doesn't take the scissors to their own hair. But this particular woman, Carrie, I have been studying her for the last 3ish months...she is a regular here at the bank....and more occasions than not she has had a good looking hairdo. This tells me that she knows how to work with hair, including her own, which is a different kind of talent. We have also had numerous conversations about hair cutting itself, and I have concluded that her combo of knowledge, experience in the field (she's about 35), and her chill personality will provide a service for me that I can wear around for the next few months. Readers, pray that I will not be anxious, that I will let her use her gifts to bless me, and that I will truly appreciate what she will do for me that I cannot do for myself. I will be in her hands. haha. I will let you know how it turns out....

2 comments:

scottieb said...

finding the one person to do your hair is hard. it's just like finding a good mechanic. and once you've got one, you hate to lose them. all will go well. post pics! cheers . . ..

Heather Lea said...

holy crap. i hope you take my advice, but i know you won't. girl, i'm sure it'll look great- just as long as she doesn't trim you into a mullet. I love that word. It reminds me of me.