Monday, January 31, 2011

sae;obiqh1o`

I hate coming up with a title. HA!

This weekend we smoked the fort....got a lot done on it.... since the previous post's pictures, I decided to go ahead and drywall it to aid in the kid-friendliness, so I did some work on that a few days ago and then finished it up Saturday. Also, picked up some indoor/outdoor cheapo carpet from lowe's and cut it down to do the stairs. Joe came over and helped me glue that down. That took a while, BUT NOW it's so much nicer for Sydney's tumtum. =) AAAAND, went to a carpet place this morning and scored some sweet remnants for cheap, got home and cut those to fit this afternoon...here are the results




So exciting!!! now what else to put in there.....couple of pillows/bean bags/table and chairs maybe/crafty stuff.....any ideas??

THEN yesterday, we all tagged along to Ry's sunday afternoon bball game with our church team. The kids were great, big gym, schoony's kids and snacks make for a great hour of entertainment! I'd like to say that I got some good pictures, but when I got home and put them on the computer, they weren't as great as I was hoping...oh well. You people were movin too fast for my slow-pokey camera. sheesh.


look at the boys back there watchin. haha


Check out the score back there.....

WOWZA!!! final score was something like 92 to 45ish. that's crazy!!! uhhhhh YA, we're good. (and by 'we' I mean 'they' because I could barely pass the ball back to them if it came my way. I had nothing to do with the victory) ha! HEY Garrett, what do you think of the game so far (after telling him that daddy was winning) "GOOOOOOO DAADDDYYYYY!!!!" hehehe so cute

and one more sweaty picture of their favorite player =) LOVE

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Drywall looks saaaaaaaaaaweet! You're so talented!!

Mama E.

Lindsey said...

Love the fort. Carter would love it. You could put chalkboard paint on a wall on the inside or add a curtain to the window for a puppet theater. You guys did a great job!

Emily said...

love the fort, and i like your friends idea about the chalkboard!! looking great.

Unknown said...

man, any chance you guys want to come and build a fort for me?

is there any sort of communication system from the top to the bottom? i'm thinking either the whole cans with string plan or walkie talkies that are attached to the walls...

Anonymous said...

oooo chalkboard paint! Great idea. Kinda costly upfront but just think about how easy the clean up is and how much paper you won't have to buy!!! AND LOVE curtain/puppet show idea. I want to come play in the forty fort :)

Steph

Anonymous said...

Fort is so awesome! Good job!
- Deb S.