Monday, January 24, 2011

Forty-fort

So here we have the finished product:




OR SO WE THOUGHT....then I decided to drywall the inside....it was just too splinter-y all over and I thought I could either sand for 2 months, or cover it up! HA! I worked on it over the weekend and finished the inside of the top-which looks SaWEET and two of the 4 walls on the bottom. SIGH, so much fun. I have lots of scraps from the whole thing, so we'll see what else I can come up with to jazz it up in there. Also, since Syd has to be in on ALL THE ACTION, she's always going up and down the steps....which are just OSB, talk about TERRIBLE on her tummy when she goes to slide down. YIKES. So we're going to look into some of that super thin carpet that wears like iron to put on the steps and we have other carpet scraps for the upstairs. Still looking for more crafty fun things to do or have in there....and am up for suggestions!

3 comments:

Josh and Erin said...

ummm that is sweet! I asked Josh about the colors...and he likes white with red too. Huskers and Lakeshore, can't go wrong. SO what if it's not a favorite, they are gonna play with that so much no matter what color it is, I would go with what you already have! :)

Brie said...

That. Is. Awesome. Can you come build me one? For me, not for my kids.

Steph said...

That is way cool!!