Tuesday, January 11, 2011

bunch of sickies!

Well, the weekend started out great, date night to the Lakeshore game with my man (we lost-not so great)...saturday got some things done around here, shoveled some snow, was in the mood to get things done. Put the kiddies to bed and started down in the basement. Right before Christmas we painted about 85% of the basement walls white to make it seem more finished and brighter and cleaner, which was accomplished I think....but still had to finish up the last part. So we got to it, finishing a little later then I wanted to, but it looks AWESOME. Got everything cleaned up and headed to bed around 1am. terrible, but can't get a thing done when the kids are awake....no..really just sydney.... For some reason I felt a little queezy when i was getting ready for bed but I thought maybe if I just could fall asleep it would go away. Finally asleep by 1:30.... 2:10 rolls around and Ethan is in our room screaming/crying covered in barf. SOOO, Ry puts him in our shower and I got to clean up his bedding/walls/floor/trail into our room, and start all that laundry, all while dry-heaving about 50 times.... the smell about put me over the top (since I already wasn't feeling the best). Finally get him all settled and back to sleep, lay down to go to bed and here comes my turn! Barf. (except I make it to the toilet, which means clean-up only involves brushing teeth and mouthwash). we decide Ry should go sleep in the guest room so he doesn't get the bug. An hour later G comes in and wants to sleep in our bed. I'm too tired to care at that point... so we fall asleep. 5:00 wake up to him screaming and barfing in OUR BED. try to grab him fast and run him to the toilet, but some still got in our bed. I go get ry, he puts him thru a shower. (Ethan comes in too cause G was so loud and I'm sure he was concerned for his bro.) put G back in his clean bed, change our sheets, gather more soiled nasty clothing and go start some more laundry. 5:30 try to go back to bed. can't sleep for a long time...keep getting a wif. 30 min later E comes in and has to go potty. Pick him up to take him back to his bed....mistake...too much pressure on my stomach. I basically had to set him down and say good night as I'm running out the door to make it to the bathroom. barf #2 for me. then 7:30 comes and both boys are awake (and crabby) in our room and want to go downstairs. we go down, sit on the couch with their waters, 30 min later G barfs again mostly in his blanket but some got on the couch. moved Ethan over to the other couch- and he didn't move for like 4 hours...falling asleep off and on, same with Garrett. check out how miserable they were together.


Meanwhile, Syd the last 5 days now has had major blowouts of liquid poop, changed her sheets and blankets pry twice a day, clothes pry 3 times a day....which is still happening and I'm TOTALLY ready for that to stop. However, she's still her normal cheery self, with the exception of today...

Ry woke up with some bowel issues Sunday morning too (not as bad as syd's- ha). I can tell you that the combination of the five of us made our house smelled RANCID for a long time there, and I've been trying to get caught up on laundry for 2 days now. I went from being totally productive to feeling like I was 5 days behind in things piled up to get done. No one really ate anything Sunday at all, appetites were pretty much all gone- except for Syd, which is normal. I think yesterday and today were great recovery days, we stayed home and just tried to get back into our normal routine. I took the boys out for some snowy fun while Sydney was taking her morning nap...that was pretty cute.




AAAANNND I cut off Syd's little mullet, first hair trimmy....WOOP! wasn't really that big of a deal, it took like 30 seconds.

and found a new way for the boys to burn off some energy during the day


Good workout!!! since she only weighs like 5 pounds less than them!! haha So anyway, just reporting into the WWW so that you all know we're still alive even though I didn't have enough energy to open the blinds the last two days. haa. THANKFULLY, this all happened on the weekend so that Ry wasn't totally drained for a work day, and that he didn't pick up any major stomach problems thru it all. This took me entirely too long to type soooo I'm not even going to spell check.

ANNNDDDD while I was cleaning up barf that early in the morning, Amber was kickin BUTT in the Disney marathon! So proud of her, she ran more miles in a row than I have probably run in my life. HA! Love you Bama!

4 comments:

Josh and Erin said...

Yup as tramatic as it was, glad you documented the whole event. Even though you hate it, this part of mommyhood serving surely earns rewards in heaven!

ps- where did you get Syd's pants?

Anonymous said...

I have to apologize now because this blog post might be the funniest thus far. I couldn't stop giggling thinking about 'barf' everywhere. te he he, only funny for me I'm sure because I wasn't there smellin' it all. Funny none the less. You need to learn the "create a bed on the bathroom floor" for first offense pukers. lol. Love you guys to pieces!!!!

Steph

Anonymous said...

Oh my. Only you Martha, would barf and then get up and try to take care of everyone else. I would have milked that "I'm sick" for all it was worth. Almost sounds like a repeat of that awful Christmas trip to NE. Could Sydney be any funnier? And the boys in their sleds? Can't wait for March to get here. I'm volunteering for duty during wedding rehearsal :)
Mama E.

The Feather Files said...

you make me laugh. i can't imagine such an exciting life. we don't have that sort of activity around here.