Thursday, May 31, 2007

Just another day...ho hum

Well....I feel like I have nothing to say. Today we had a potluck at Ryan's office. Lots of food, mostly dessert, lots of women. Other than the three doctors, all ladies. Which I suppose is normal. But wow. To get them all together, look out. Sometimes, actually most of the time, they just pretend like there's no men around and just talk about all kinds of stuff. it's actually kinda funny. Pot lucks are interesting...usually people bring things slightly unhealthy, except for the fruit or veggie tray....so you don't really wanna gorge yourself, but it is very easy. Anyways, I had fun. Tomorrow is my first 'initial exam' and Ryan and his assistant, Deb, will be working on me. Not excited about it. That's the one when they just dig around in your mouth and tell you all the things that are wrong. I'll tell you what's wrong, I'm missin a tooth. hahaha. He's workin on it. But I can't seem like a wus cause he's my husband. But I'll probably freak out. I already told him. So that makes for a visit to the office every day this week. I need to apply or something. Sheesh.

Also last night we went to "Connection", which is like the core group of Storyline Church starters and in the in depth studying that doesn't happen on Sundays- since Sundays is geared more for the unbeliever... It was really great, there's always snacks and worship songs and then like 1/2 an hour of talk. Jim, our main speaker, (I don't know if he has a title or not, they're not really into titling people here) talked about the mission and the purpose of the church...I thought it was AWESOME, since you guys reading my post from a week ago saw my questioning mind firsthand. Pretty much everything that he said made perfect sense, very clear, like this was the 200th time he's had to say it. And with a little side note, he also added things about the staff always having to answer questions like 'When will you play worship music on Sundays' and 'When will you build a building' and 'When will you start passing the offering plate'....all those things that would direct Storyline church back towards 'tradition'....which is a reason they started the church-to get away from traditional services. One thing he said is while staff is focusing on answering or defending, really, why they do what they do, they are unable to fully focus on moving forward with the church, as a whole, with everyone taking part. I picture a giant group of people moving in a blob with a few leaders....and think of how slow going it is for the leaders to have to stop, turn around, and keep trying to explain and encourage the followers to keep up and stay with the program.... Good picture for me. The blob can move FAST! if everyone is on the same page and focused and working together! And that's what every church wants really....unity.

SO, it was a great meeting, and obviously there's much more to it than what I just wrote, but Ryan and I had lots to talk about after we left. Also a funny story...since my sister was here this last weekend, my little honda decided to sound pretty much like a car about to explode....poor little muffler had all it could take. So I will have to take it in to the shop tomorrow am to get that fixed. It sounds like some people make their cars on purpose- you know with those huge doubley big mufflers comin out the back, but then when we drive by they see a little hole of a muffler a bit bigger than a quarter. hahaha. wow. Kinda embarassing. At any rate, those are my thoughts, and now I will finish up the laundry and think about some yummy supper to be grilled in a few hours. =)

No comments: