Saturday, May 12, 2007

Nearing the end of Week One!

Well, now that Amber had to make the trip home, we received a random phone call of one of Ryans close bball buddies and said he was passing thru the area and would like to stay with us. AWESOME! That's what we like to hear. So, Ry had to work yesterday all day, Adam Bohac arrived shortly after Ryan got home and we went down to Clementines, which is a restraunt right on the water where many loaded Chicago (and some local I'm sure) people get to park their gi-normous fishing boats made for the ocean- that's the kind of boat you have to have for Lake Michigan. And you just get to eat some awesome food and check out the view. Really cool. We took Bamm there earlier this week and it was still fun to go back again last night. Then we headed over to the inlaw's place and chatted it up until the wee hours. Right now Adam and Ry went to Dale's Donuts, a fab place that is conveniently located accross the street from our complex. I'll just let the men go and stay here and hang out with myself. Kinda fun...Spose I'll have to get used to that.

I've been feeling a whole lot of different things this week...Amber was a good distraction for me- I felt like I was on vacation too, but now that she's gone, I have to do the sorting and organizing that no one wants to sit through....hmmm. Yesterday while Ryan was at work I got a lot done, cause I knew we were going to have company...but on a scale of 1 to having energy, I was a zero. I was hungry, but not really, tired but couldn't sleep, I had some errands to run, but as soon as I was out and about I just wanted to be home....wierd. So I just forced myself to do all those things cause it had to be done. Also, it's surprising how little effort it takes to keep up with the laundry when it's right here in your own apartment. Dang. Not even a load a day. It's incredible. Before we had to stay at Scipp's for about 5 or 6 hours and then still have some loads left at home. hahaha. sheesh. Everyone should really think about getting a place with laundry included. Totally worth it. =)

I'm thinking I'm going to have to take up a new hobby....maybe reading....I've many books here at my disposal, but as most of you know, that's not one of my favorite pass times. (spose I should have just picked up a book yesterday when I was trying to take a nap) haha. Also the waves in our backyard were rediculous yesterday. Very loud and pretty huge. Amber, the water was up so far that it pretty much cut the beach in half yesterday. Dang. But we did see some people down there having themselves a little bonfire....so I'm totally doing that sometime with the next visitors or maybe just with Ry. I was wondering if we could...right down there next to the water in the sand. So much fun. Love it!

This is getting to be pretty long...not leaving much for myself to write about tomorrow. =) Just kiddin. Hope all is well, as most of my readers are spread far and wide accross the states. Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

Carissa Martin said...

Hey girl- Sounds like you have "the I just moved blues." I understand those. Give me a call and I'll cheer you up!! :)
Michigan sounds beautiful. Stupid ? but can you swim in the lake?

Dr. and Mrs. Thomas said...

ya man, only right now it's about 40-50 degrees...so....NO. =) Although, we did see quite a few people yesterday trying to surf at Silver Beach up the coast a few miles. that was kinda funny!

Heather Lea said...

i want a double date. you, ry, nate (not the brother) and I.....and a giant bonfire and lots of snuggling. deal?