Monday, February 21, 2011

Roller Skating

This afternoon I took the kids for their first adventure with wheels on their shoes! it was hilarious. Rachel and Dustin's daughter (friends thru twins club and church) is in school with a kid who was doing this fund raiser for his health issues, so I thought, why not!? Went to a little rink that I've passed a million times in these 4 years and had NO CLUE it was there. oops (wonder what else I'm missing) Here are the action shots...ok these show mostly shots without action...but they're cute!

Rachel's genious idea. one at a time. they let me just rent one pair and then swap kids after a few laps around. hilarious. they were terrible. but that was expected...good thing we quit when we did, pretty sure my arms and lower back were going to be sore!!



they snacked on some delicious cupcakes...ethan is taking after his uncle Nate (obsession with frosting) he just licked all of it off and gave the cake part to G. hahaa




lovin the arcade games. pretty sure they both thought they were the ones driving those cars. =)

Now I of course haven't been on skates in.......dont' remember. so I had to take a few laps around to see if I still had it. HA. I discovered that with my previous weekend of skiing, I was trying to manuver around kids/turns similar to the short little cuts and stops I can make on skis. NOT the same. I couldn't remember how to stop, so I just had to slam into the wall. not with the kids of course, but they were going turtle pace so stopping wasn't an issue. Still had a blast, I forsee lots of those times on skis/skates/ice skates over the next few years! so fun to do things with kids! Thanks Rachel for the invite! She had to put up with a screaming sydney pretty much 90% of the time I was going around the loop. YIKES! Got home just in time for a loooooong nap...hopefully!!

6 comments:

Emily said...

How fun!!! I love roller skating. Did it bring back the elementary and middle school memories???

Josh and Erin said...

yup...those pictures are awesome- especially the cupcake ones. G's face is my favorite. :)

Anonymous said...

Teaching Blake to skate is how I broke my wrist! Good luck

RKyncl said...

So much fun! Thanks for coming! All about makin' memories!!!!

felderfam said...

you are brave.

Jill said...

Sydney's ponytail is stinkin' CUTE!