Friday, February 19, 2010

strange....

so this is crazy. Last night we were getting ready for bed and I hear some noise coming thru on the baby monitor in Sydney's room. it was about midnight, and I usually don't check on her or anything then, and she wasn't crying, it was more like just talking, but totally didn't sound like her. Sydney's noises are full of snorts and sucking on the pacifier... Thought it was strange but told Ry that I would go check on her if she started crying, which she didn't, so we went to bed.

3:00am rolls around and I wake up to the same noise in the monitor - also unusual for her, since she's been sleeping thru the night for weeks now...but SOOO crazy is that I thought it sounded like Ethan or something, like 'talking' for a baby. So, in my half-sleep logic, I freaked myself out and assume that something is happening that's totally bad, so I throw the covers off like the house was on fire and get to her room as quick as I can, and she's OUT COLD. Not even twitching or anything. Again, it's 3 in the morning, so the OBVIOUS next thing to do would be to look for someone in her room that could be making those noises. No ones there. (duh) Go back to our bedroom and the monitor by my bed is LOUDER than before, like it was the middle of the day. WHAT THE CRAP. Then it came to me, I peeked thru the shades in our bathroom to our backyard neighbor and their child's bedroom light was on. This house is like a stone's throw away, and they just had their first baby (a boy) last summer. WOW. it was TOTALLY him! Thanks for FREAKIN ME OUT!! Sheeesh. So I turned it off and went back to bed. HA!

I remember waking up in the night when I was pregnant and that bedroom light was ALWAYS ON, no matter what time I woke up. That totally stinks that she - or he I guess - has to keep waking up for how old their baby is by now...man! Two words - BABY WISE!!! Read it. Do it. And then get some SLEEP people!

4 comments:

felderfam said...

wow, glad you figured that out. could've driven you nuts all night! you should set a copy of babywise on their doorstep. ps..did the twins get totally thrown off BW when they were teething? j is alllll over the place when he had been doing so well. it's his 1st tooth and we're almost on week 2 of it coming in, and it's barely there. awesome.

Unknown said...

Baby Wise is great and swaddling! I couldn't imagine not getting sleep for any longer than the first month. Yikes! BTW I love checking in on you and Erin's blogs periodically. Your kids are all so cute and fun! Linsey Ray...now Haden

Leslie said...

Love that story! Cracking up!

Evan said...

Wow you are getting the mom sixth sense, and it wasn't even your kid! Already an expert.