Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Do Re Mi

I've been MIA. I wasn't going to put up pictures until the finished product, but I was starting to feel bad about not posting in a while. haha. SO, here's what I've been working on for too long.


BEDS for the boys! Woo hoo! I found a picture of this really easy frame online for a toddler bed, so I just went off of that drawing and made it in mini version to fit crib-sized mattresses. =) Ry's been helping me with the finishing work - sand, stain, lacquer. YIKES. That's the part that takes FOREVER. And turns out, I like to see immediate results so - you guessed it - this isn't my favorite part. haha. But that's ok, we're SO CLOSE to being done, and then pop in a few screws, Presto: BEDS. Perfect timing, in case you haven't read the previous post. The boys are ready. =) So anyhoo, there are other projects on deck too, (the girl's room) but beds are priority #1. Stay tuned for the final photos!

5 comments:

The Feather Files said...

So, if the 2 crib mattresses go to those beds, what does the little girl sleep on?

You built those? Yourself? I am wayyyyy impressed.

Dr. and Mrs. Thomas said...

little girl gets one of the cribs that the boys are using now. And I bought another crib mattress at a garage sale for that one. =)

Josh and Erin said...

yup- good stain color. Like it!

Keep lackin'...almost done! ha ha ha :)

Evan said...

Lookin good! The boys are going to love them!

Dallas said...

Those look awesome. Masterpeice!